The Office of Technology Services will be offering a series of virtual and in-person Technology Training Sessions throughout the summer. Please take a moment to review the online calendar containing a list of sessions and dates. Click on the links below or on the calendar to attend or register for any of the sessions. In-person training sessions require registration.
Topics will include:
- Using Outlook Calendar – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to create new calendars and appointments, set recurring meetings and reminders, categorize meetings/appointments, and use the scheduling assistant to make setting up meetings easier.
- MS OneNote – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to create notebooks, organize meeting notes, attach files, synch with Outlook and create to-do lists.
- Customize Ribbons in MS Office – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to create customized ribbons within the MS Office programs to work more efficiently.
- Office 365 – Attend a virtual training session to learn about the different apps in Office 365 that can help you to work more efficiently.
- Using Excel Formulas to filter CUNYfirst Data Reports – Attend a virtual training session to learn a few Excel formulas and tricks to help you customize your CUNYfirst data reports.
- Pivot Tables in Excel – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to use pivot tables in Excel.
- Tables in Access* – Attend an in-person training session to learn how to set the data types and field properties for a Access table.
- Photoshop Basics* – Attend an in-person training session to learn the basic tools, inserting shapes and text, file types, and importing and exporting images in Photoshop.
- Queries in Access – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to create simple queries in Access.
- Forms in Access – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to create a basic form in Access.
- Reports and Importing/Exporting Access files – Attend a virtual training session to learn how to run reports, and import and export data in Access.
Virtual Technology sessions will take place at noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer. The sessions will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes. The team will stay online for another 15 minutes to answer any questions that you may have on that day’s topic. You can join the session up to 15 minutes prior, to conduct a link and audio check. The sessions require speakers.
Please contact the Technology Training Team at 718.982.2345 if you have any questions.
If you require any additional training, please contact the Technology Training team to set up one-on-one training sessions. One-on-one sessions can be done in person or remotely.
*In person sessions will take place in Building 2N, Room 115 at 2:30pm. The sessions will be 1.5 hours in length.