Patricia Smith, an Associate Professor in the Department of English, was awarded a 2014 Guggenheim Fellowship in Poetry.The $50,000 grant will fund What Breath Gives Back, a project combining dramatic poetic monologues with 19th-century photos of African Americans. While on sabbatical last year, Professor Smith was also the 2013 winner of the Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize from the Academy of American Poets, an award given for her Shoulda Been Jimi Savannah, which was chosen as the best book of poetry published in the United States in the previous year.
October 27, 2020
November 10, 2016
February 5, 2019
UPCOMING CAMPUS EVENTS
- Zoom Event – Register Here: https://tinyurl.com/roadstohillbrow Join Ron Nerio with his co-author, CSI Professor Jean […]
- Register here: https://tinyurl.com/waterguardians Join us for a virtual presentation by anthropologist Dr. Christopher Santiago based on […]
Subscribe to CSItoday
IN THE NEWS
- City & State New York features CSI Prof. Dr. Richard Flanagan’s Perspectives on Upcoming Congressional Primaries
- Norma D’Arrigo dies at 94. She raised millions for a dozen Staten Island organizations.
- New path for those recovering from addiction: Training to be peer advocates
- Professor of Biology Dr. Shannon Curley Quoted in SI Advance Feature on Spotted Lantern Fly
- CSI Alumna Andrea Dalzell Featured in State of Reform