Below are the courses being offered by the Office of Human Resources, Professional Development and Learning Management Office in May and June.
“Leadership Is Learning”
In May 2016, the OHRM PDLM Office is offering three courses for managers and supervisors that will provide participants with strategies and techniques that are essential for good leadership. The cost for each course is $60 per day of training (per person) and all three courses will take place in Manhattan.
The three course are:
1. “Emotional Intelligence: The Key to Effective Leadership” on Monday, May 2 and Tuesday, May 3. Designed to help those in leadership positions increase their Emotional Quotient (EQ).
2. “Project Management” on Thursday, May 12 and Friday, May 13. This workshop will cover the structures and practices of Project Management with the overlay of engagement and collaboration strategies.
3. “Strategic Thinking” on Tuesday, May 17 and Wednesday, May 18. This course provides an integral understanding of the purpose of strategic thinking, along with tools and steps for application.
In June 2016, the OHRM PDLM Office is offering seven half-day courses, each covering a different set of Microsoft Office 2010 tasks, such as PowerPoint, Excel, or Word. These courses are for all staff who can choose sessions based on the particular set of software tasks that would be useful in their jobs. The cost for each course is indicated below. These courses will take place in Manhattan.
The seven courses are:
1. “MS POWERPOINT 2010: Creating Powerful Presentations” on Friday, June 3, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Participants will learn how to create visually appealing PowerPoint presentations, avoid common pitfalls, and handle questions and comments with ease. Cost: $15 for one session/$25 if registered for both AM/PM sessions.
2. “MS POWERPOINT 2010: Dynamic, Impactful PowerPoint Delivery” on Friday, June 3, 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Participants will learn how to deliver PowerPoint presentations, use visual aids as intended, deal with fear and anxiety, and handle questions and comments with confidence. Cost: $15 for one session/$25 if registered for both AM/PM sessions.
3. “MS EXCEL 2010: An Introduction- Level 1” on Tuesday, June 7, 9:30am to 4:30pm. This course will provide participants with the skills to create, edit, format, and print EXCEL worksheets. Cost: $25 per person.
4. “MS EXCEL 2010: Formulas and Functions” on Thursday, June 9, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Prerequisite: “MS Excel 2010: An Introduction- Level 1” or at least a “savvy understanding.” Participants will learn to perform simple or complex calculations on a single worksheet or across multiple worksheets, combine multiple columns of data into a single column, and effectively utilize the five most common functions of EXCEL. Cost: $15 for one session/$25 if registered for both AM/PM sessions.
5. “MS EXCEL 2010: Pivot Tables” on Thursday, June 9, 1:30pm to4:30pm. Prerequisite: “MS Excel 2010: An Introduction- Level 1” or at least a “savvy understanding.” Learn how to create PivotTables or PivotChart reports to summarize values in an Excel spreadsheet by rotating row and column headings to create easy-to-read reports. Cost: $15 for one session/$25 if registered for both AM/PM sessions.
6. “MS WORD 2010: Using Styles, Graphics, Symbols, Charts & Translation” on Friday, June 17, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Learn how to use styles and themes to produce predefined combinations of font style, color, text size, and effects; translate words, phrases, paragraphs, or entire documents from one language to another; and create fliers, organizational charts, marketing, and other professional documents using MS WORD. Cost: $15 for one session/$25 if registered for both AM/PM sessions.
7. “MS Word 2010: Using Mail Merge, Tables, and Electronic Forms” on Friday, June 17, 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Learn a variety of formats in MS WORD, such as mail merge to produce letters, mailing labels, envelopes, name tags; use tables to summarize and present numerical data or text information in rows and columns; and learn to create forms that others can fill in electronically, including check boxes, date pickers, and drop-down lists. Cost: $15 for one session/$25 if registered for both AM/PM sessions.
If you are interested in any of these courses, please register via the PDLM E-Application (E-App) located under REGISTRATION, have your supervisor sign the form, and then forward the completed registration form to CSI Human Resources. If you have questions, please contact Jessica Collura at 718.982.2376.