Below is a summary of professional development courses offered in March and April by the OHRM Professional Development and Learning Management Office.
“Essentials for Success”
In March, the OHRM PDLM Office is offering a series of courses that provides the essentials needed to succeed in the workplace. These training sessions will be held in Manhattan. The cost is $60 per day of training (per person) unless otherwise noted.
1. Essentials of Supervision for the 21st Century – Mar. 2and 3- for managers and supervisors. This is a free two-day program.
Participants will learn the basic skills and key techniques required to function effectively in their supervisory role.
2. Getting Results When You’re Not in Charge – Mar. 14 – for all staff.
Participants will learn how to create a constructive and effective team atmosphere to get the job done.
3. Learn Six Sigma: Process Improvement Initiatives (Green Belt) – Mar. 15, 17, 30, and Apr.l 1 – for directors, managers, supervisors, and professionals. This is a free four-day program (participants must attend ALL four days to complete this course). Prerequisite for taking this course: Learn Six Sigma: Introduction to Process Improvement (White Belt).
Participants will learn tools and techniques to streamline work processes, improve time management, and produce higher-quality work.
4. Successful Workplace Communication – Mar. 30 – for all staff.
Participants will learn methods and techniques to improve their everyday interactions with co-workers to work more productively in group situations.
“Professional Reigns Supreme”
In April, the OHRM PDLM Office is offering a series of courses that provide key skills for administrative professionals. Four of the programs are open to all staff, and one course is designed for managers, supervisors, and professionals. These training sessions will be held in Manhattan , and the cost is $60 per day of training (per person).
For All Staff:
1. Effective Office Management for Today’s Workplace – Apr. 12. Helps staff acquire the tools to better manage their work environment.
2. Motivating Yourself for Professional Success – Apr. 15. Helps staff explore steps to overcome personal and professional stumbling blocks and boost their creativity.
3. Managing Multiple Priorities – Apr. 21. Helps staff take control of their workday by maximizing efficiency and minimizing stress.
4. How to Write Fast Under Pressure – Apr. 25. Participants learn how to write assertively and increase their output with tips used by professional writers.
Additional course for Managers, Supervisors, and Professionals:
5. Professional Presence – Apr. 27. Participants receive tips and insight from “Mr. Manners” to assess their “personal brand” and how they are perceived by others.
If you are interested in taking any of these courses, please register via the PDLM E-Application (E-App) online under REGISTRATION, have your supervisor sign the form, and then forward the completed registration form to CSI Human Resources. If you have questions, please contact Jessica Collura at 718.982.2376.