The New 42nd Street College Corps is a new program created by The New 42nd Street in partnership with CUNY Arts (a comprehensive initiative to connect City University of New York students with the arts in New York City and help diversify New York’s cultural workforce) to employ CUNY undergraduates annually and help them successfully graduate from college. Under the guidance of New 42nd Street staff, the College Corps will experience paid training ($13 per hour) to serve as the front-of-house staff (ticket scanners, greeters, ushers, concessions) at The Duke on 42nd Street theater, a lively venue for presentations by small and mid-sized theater and dance troupes. All members of the College Corps will receive one-on-one college counseling, including advising on areas of study, course scheduling, time management, financial aid, and goal setting toward graduation and beyond. As a group, participants will take part in professional development and life skills workshops that will ensure that they make it through college, and prepare them for success in their chosen careers.
To be eligible for The New 42nd Street College Corps, students must:
- Be working toward a degree at a CUNY college (community college or senior college)
- Be registered for at least six credits each semester in which they are a program participant (excluding summer)
- Have addressed any remedial education needs prior to beginning the New 42nd Street College Corps
- Be available to work part-time (approx.15 hours/week)
- Have the proper work authorization required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
The application deadline is Monday, Sept. 18 by 5:00pm. Please online.