Welcome back to a new semester. Are you having a great workshop or event this semester? Don’t forget to make it a CLUE event. Not only will it help students meet their New Student Orientation degree requirement, but it will help market your event and increase your attendance. The process for doing this is as follows:
Making an Event a CLUE Event
- All CLUE facilitators must complete a CLUE Event Proposal form. This proposal form must be completed and returned to the Office of Student Life in the Campus Center (Building 1C), Room 201 a minimum of two weeks prior to the date of the scheduled event.
- CLUE event proposal forms may be submitted through interdepartmental mail to Building 1C, Room 201, dropped-off to the Office of Student Life, faxed to 718.982.3087, or by email (preferred method) to email@example.com.
- CLUE event proposals should be typed and completed to the best of your knowledge. If you need assistance with filling out the form, please contact the Office of Student Life at 718.982.3088.
- CLUE facilitators should decide if the CLUE event should be categorized as a Personal Growth (PG) CLUE or as a Co-Curricular (CC) CLUE. Personal Growth (PG) – these CLUE activities contribute to students’ self-development outside the regular curriculum. Included among PG CLUEs are career and study skills workshops, health and wellness programs, and recreational and social events. Co-Curricular (CC) – these CLUE activities are intended to augment and/or complement some aspect of academic life at the College and focus on scholarly, cultural, and civic development from academic areas, including humanities, social sciences, sciences, math, and technology, as well as, film screenings and theatrical events. The Office of Student Life reserves the right to change the CLUE type if it is determined that it does not fit the appropriate category, as well as, the right to edit any event descriptions, if necessary.
- All CLUE events must be sponsored by a College department or office. External organizations looking to host a CLUE event must have sponsorship from a department or office on campus. CLUE event proposal forms from external organizations without College affiliations will not be honored.
- Once a CLUE event proposal has been received, the CLUE facilitator will receive a notification from the Office of Student Life acknowledging the request and updating the CLUE facilitator on the status of your event proposal.
- All CLUE event proposals must be approved by the Office of Student Life. Once a CLUE event proposal has been approved, you will receive notification from the Office of Student Life. A CLUE attendance sheet will be sent to the individual responsible for the CLUE attendance a week prior to the scheduled event.
- All approved CLUE events will be added to the CLUE News for students to review.
- When advertising your CLUE event, please use the statement “Personal Growth CLUE event” or “PG CLUE ” or “Co-Curricular CLUE event” or “CC CLUE”. The word “certified” should not be used when marketing CLUE events.
- When hosting a CLUE event, it is recommended that the CLUE attendance sheet be given out toward the end of the event. It is to the CLUE facilitator’s discretion to refuse CLUE participation to students who were not present for the duration of the event.
- At the conclusion of the CLUE event, CLUE facilitators should send the completed CLUE attendance sheet to the Office of Student Life in Building 1C, Room 201 as soon as possible, so that students’ records may be updated in a timely fashion.
Please call the Office of Student Life at 718.982.3088 with any questions. Thank you.