As many of you know, the offices of Facilities, Public Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, and Operations, have been working around the clock to ensure that the campus disinfecting efforts are completed this week. We are a large campus, and the work is being done by our custodial staff and a third-party contractor approved by the City of New York. We are committed to keeping you informed of the activities on our campus that coincide with other campus communications in an effort to keep everyone as safe as possible in these extraordinary circumstances.
As a follow up to the email dated Friday, Mar. 13, here is what we can report:
As of today, the following buildings have been disinfected:
1. 2M, 1R, 2R, 1C, 1L, 2N thru 5N, and 1S thru 6S including all classrooms, all computers, all surfaces, common areas, and touch points.
2. 1A, 2A, and 3A all spaces throughout buildings.
3. In order to be as thorough as possible, we have disinfected the floors and walls in 1R and 2R, where we know these are touch-points for athletes, average users, and children.
4. Today, we will complete the process by having the common spaces and theaters disinfected in 1P (offices are already done) and common areas in the residence halls.
5. We will be locking all classrooms after disinfection in order to maintain a high level of confidence that these spaces will have been untouched when classroom activity returns to the College. You will see signage to this effect.
6. We will also lock other miscellaneous spaces if they are unlikely to be needed during this period, to ensure the maintenance of a clean and disinfected environment behind the locked doors.
7. Please note that in some offices, the amount of paper on top of desks made it difficult to disinfect desktop surfaces.
8. Our Custodial staff is now returning to everyday cleaning tasks.
9. The Library common spaces will be disinfected by our custodial staff every night after hours.
Questions should be directed email@example.com.
By Hope Berte