On Tuesday, Sept. 8, the Division of Student Affairs Office of Student Life will host the 2020 Fall Involvement Fair from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. Although this fair will not look like previous years, we are hopeful that students will still take the opportunity to engage with your student groups, offices, and programs to learn ways that they can get involved at CSI.
This event will be executed through our CSI Connect platform. If you already have a portal on CSI Connect, please follow the instructions below for registering to participate in the event. If you do not have a portal and wish to participate in the Fair, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about CSI Connect and arrange to have a portal created.
To register for the Fair:
1. Log in to CSI Connect
2. Go to your Portal
3. Click Manage Organization
4. Click Sign Up for the Virtual Involvement Fair
5. Type a brief 200 character introduction to your group
6. Add a meeting URL (set up the event in Zoom, Blackboard Collaborate, Microsoft Teams)
7. Submit your request.
During the Fair on Sept. 8, please have representatives available via your location URL (see step 6 above) to meet with students and answer their questions. We recommend using the CUNY Zoom accounts and their waiting room feature. Zoom will also allow you to arrange for multiple co-hosts — just add their CUNYFIRST email to assign them as co-host (email@example.com).
- Review your portal on CSI Connect and make sure the content is up-to-date. You can add a video to your Organization profile, enter all your upcoming meetings and events, make sure the contact information for the site is current, etc. Students will be visiting your profile to learn more about your group, office, or program.
Let’s help our incoming and current students become engaged in the CSI community and benefit from all that involvement has to offer.
By the Division of Student Affairs