This week, we were notified of a positive COVID-19 case as well as a potential positive COVID-19 case (pending test results) within our on campus/in-person community. Those who are deemed close contacts to these particular cases have been notified and asked to quarantine, some pending the results of aforementioned test. In addition, last week, we were notified by one of our community members that they learned of a visitor testing positive after having been on campus. With the information received, we were able to identify the visitor and confirm that the individual and close contacts had been quarantined and will not be granted access to campus until medically cleared.
These cases should be a reminder to all that it is imperative that we follow safety guidelines at all times in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for everyone. In addition, please be sure to report positive cases to our offices so that we can follow up appropriately and ensure strict adherence to our re-entry plan, CDC guidelines and DOH mandates.
As a reminder, please adhere to the following:
- Carefully complete the daily Everbridge health screening when approved to come to campus
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet among individuals while on campus unless safety or the core activity (e.g., moving equipment, performing a transaction) requires a shorter distance
- Wear acceptable face coverings
- Practice social distancing in public areas, classrooms, common work areas, restrooms, and during rest/meal breaks
- Wash hands often
- Cover cough and sneezes
- Be aware of COVID-19 symptoms which include the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Troubled breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste and/or New loss of smell
Please DO NOT report to campus if you:
1. Are experiencing fever above 100.0F or other COVID-19 symptoms
2. Within the last 14 days, have personally been in close contact (less than six feet away for ten minutes or longer) with an individual who tested positive for, or (due to their symptoms) is suspected to have, COVID-19
3. Are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or just received positive test results
4. Recently traveled outside of the United States
5. Traveled to a non-contiguous state for longer than 24 hours in the past seven days
In these situations, you must follow Department of Health guidelines for self-quarantine (14 days from the date of last exposure) and/or self-isolation, (at least ten days from the onset of symptoms or positive test if asymptomatic) until cleared with a medical clearance from a healthcare provider or a negative COVID-19 test result provided by a certified testing center or healthcare provider dated within three days of the requested return to work date.
Please note that NYC offers free COVID testing. Information on free testing can be accessed via the NYC health and hospitals Website or by calling 311.
As a reminder, if you have any questions or need to report a positive case or possible case of COVID-19, please contact the following offices:
Employees: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students: Student Affairs at email@example.com
Visitors: Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and be well.
By the Office of Human Resources