CUNY has an exciting opportunity for students interested in the civic sector. Design Your City is a skill-building series where students will design a community-centered solution to a built-environment challenge. Students of all majors can apply, but they must be current undergrads with a graduation date between June 2021 and December 2023.
Learn how to identify a challenge in your neighborhood’s built environment and design a creative solution.
Apply to be a member of Design Your City. This free, eight-week skill-building series will teach you valuable skills, tools, and most effective methods used in community-centered planning. At the end of Design Your City, you will pitch your proposal to a panel of professionals — who may be able to help bring your idea to fruition. This program is hosted in partnership with the Association for a Better New York and Coro New York Leadership Center.
Throughout the program you’ll gain:
– An array of skills learned to add to your resume
– A portfolio to link to on your resume
– Exposure to a variety of civic-focused career paths
– Introductions to a vast network of professionals
– A membership to the Association for A Better New York‘s Young Professional Network
For requirements and more information, go online.
Applications are due on Friday, Dec. 18, 2020
By Caryl Watkins