As you know, the CUNY Board of Trustees approved a Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) policy implementation (with limited exclusions) at the College of Staten Island for the fall 2020 term.
Since your grades have been posted in CUNYfirst, you now have the option of choosing Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) for individual credit-bearing, graded courses in CUNYfirst until Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021.
We would like to reiterate that before making this decision, students should speak with their academic advisor and financial aid counselor, as implications for opting-in vary based on academic program and financial aid eligibility.
If, after appropriate consultation, you decide to take advantage of this policy in CUNYfirst, then:
- Selected courses in which you received a B+ through D grade will be converted to CR.
- Selected courses in which your received a F grade will be converted to NC.
The College has put together a comprehensive FAQ regarding this policy which can be found online.
Some important points to consider when making your decision about CR/NC:
- Once selected, the CR/NC option cannot be reversed.
- Courses taken for a letter grade will continue to be included in the semester and overall GPA calculations, while courses taken for Credit (CR) or No Credit (NC) will be excluded from calculation into the GPA.
- Credits for fall courses with NC grades will be excluded from attempted credits used in the federal SAP calculation (Satisfactory Academic Progress).
- Students have until 11.59pm on Jan. 12, 2021 to opt-in.
Finally, more information, including a how to opt-in guide, can be found online.
Questions? Please feel free to email CRNCfALL@csi.cuny.edu so that we can assist you.
Wishing you a very healthy and happy new year.
By Kerri Gerson