As a reminder, final exams should be run according to the schedule sent earlier to avoid “virtual” conflicts. Please share the email below with all of your faculty if you haven’t done so already.
Best wishes to all of you for a smooth wrap up to a long term.
By Kerri Gerson
From: Susan Massara <Susan.Massara@csi.cuny.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 2:11 PM
Subject: Final Exam Schedule Spring 2021
Dear Chairs, Schedulers, and Coordinators,
With most of our classes being taught remotely, this term’s final exam schedule will be similar to the fall 2020 final exam schedule. I ask that you kindly share this information with your faculty.
According to the academic calendar set by the University, the spring term began on Friday, January 29, 2021 and the last day of regular classes will be Monday, May 17, 2021. The final exam period will be May 18 through May 25, 2021.
Departmental Final exams (exams which combine sections of a class and/or which need longer than regular class period to administer):
- Tuesday, May 18: departmental final exams for BIO/CSC only
- Tuesday May 25: departmental final exams for CHM only
- Thursday May 20: departmental final exams for MTH given during Club Hours only (2:30-4:20pm)
Regular Final exams:
- Wednesday, May 19: final exams for Monday/Wednesday classes and all Wednesday-only classes
- Thursday, May 20: final exams for all Tuesday/Thursday classes and all Thursday-only classes
- Friday, May 21: final exams for all Friday-only classes
- Saturday, May 22: final exams for all Saturday-only classes
- Sunday, May 23: final exams for all Sunday-only classes
- Monday, May 24: final exams for all Monday/Wednesday classes and all Monday-only classes
- Tuesday, May 25: final exams for all Tuesday-only classes
To avoid conflicts, regular final exams for all synchronous classes (which include time patterns in CUNY first) are to be given during their regularly scheduled meeting time, following the schedule above.
Since asynchronous classes do not have scheduled meeting times, final exam arrangements for non-departmental exams may vary.
The full academic calendar with all dates and deadlines can be found online.
If you have any questions regarding the final exam schedule, please contact Susan Massara at email@example.com.
College of Staten Island