All of our Drop-in sessions can be accessed by using the Virtual Drop-in Center buttons located on the main page of the Faculty Center Info Hub (CSI) Bb Organization available to all teaching faculty at CSI. As always, there is no need to register.
Additional Assistance – You can also reach us instantly any time between 9:00am and 8:00pm via our FCPD Slack Channel (join us online) or via the following:
- Faculty Center Info Hub – Are you unsure of what help you need or how to access it? Do you need to contact Center Staff directly? All of the support tools and resources offered by the Faculty Center can be accessed via our Faculty Center Info Hub (CSI) organization on Blackboard, accessible to all instructors at CSI from the “My Organizations” box of your Blackboard Homepage.
- Self-Service, Self-paced, Asynchronous Training Modules – The Faculty Center offers detailed learning modules, classes, and resource centers in the areas of:
- The Basics of using Blackboard
- Understanding and Implementing Hybrid, Hyflex, and Online Models of Teaching
- Designing and Building Pedagogically Sound, Student-Centered Courses
- In-Person, By Appointment – The Faculty Center offers multiple tutorial sessions per semester, covering a wide variety of topics such as setting up the Grade Center, creating tests and quizzes, securing your synchronous sessions, creating effective discussions, etc.. In-person sessions are led by Center Instructional Designer and Pedagogy Specialist Fausto Canela and are by appointment only for the Fall 2021 semester. Please Note: In accordance with College safety procedures currently in place, the Faculty Center Lab (1L-208) and Lounge (1L-203) will employ social distancing, and have a mask mandate.
For additional workshop/enrollment information, please contact Faculty Center Training Coordinator, Kristen Lindtvedt at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Have a great holiday weekend.
By Kristen Lindtvedt