This communication is to provide the CSI community with updates on the status of CUNYfirst implementation.
For those who are new to the College, CUNYfirst stands for Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool and for CUNY it means a massive upgrade in how we will do things in the future. New CUNYfirst processes in Student Administration, Human Resources, and Finance will change how we do everything from registering for classes to paying our bills. CUNYfirst applications will replace aging legacy systems like SIMS and help us streamline and standardize many of the things we do at our College.
The system is Web-based and allows students to manage their academic careers and financial accounts in real time and more. It will give faculty additional tools to enhance their interaction with students. It is also designed to give staff access to powerful processes that connect with the finance, student administration, and human resources functions.
CUNYfirst is being implemented in phases:
Wave 1 – Vanguard Colleges – Queens College & Queensborough CC – Launched November 2010.
Wave 2A – Bronx CC, CUNY School of Law, Hostos CC, Lehman College, New CC – launched Spring 2012
Wave 2B – Kingsborough CC, La Guardia CC– Launched – Summer 2012
Wave 3 – College of Staten Island, Brooklyn College, Hunter College, City Tech, York, BMCC with expected launch March 2013.
- CSI Financial Aid – March 2014
Wave 4 – Scheduled March 2015.
Base processes for the Business Office and Human Resources have been live now for several years.
- We expect Wave 3 transition to be much smoother than the prior waves. Much has been learned since Wave 1 and many problems were corrected.
- Representatives from several administrative areas at the College (Registrar, Recruitment and Admissions, Bursar, and Financial Aid) have been attending Conference Room Pilot (CRP) sessions at the Central Office three to four full days per week since Monday, July 30. CRP allows our administrators to discuss how CUNYfirst will handle our current business processes and begin configuration of the system for CSI. These sessions are expected to continue through September.
- Everyone working for the College will be trained to use the new tools available in CUNYfirst with training that will be available on campus or online.
- The current timeline calls for our students to begin using the CUNYfirst system in March 2013 for registration for the Summer and Fall 2013 semester.
Please visit our Website for up-to-date CUNYfirst information.