Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Student Government Student Service Awards. The nomination form is online.
Note: Each candidate must meet the following criteria:
1. Students must have a minimum 2.5 Grade Point Average.
2. All nominees must have shown exemplary extracurricular service to the students of the College of Staten Island.
3. For student awards: You must attach a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a member of the CSI administration, faculty, or staff. You can also include letter(s) of recommendation from student(s), but at least one letter must be from a member of the administration, faculty, or staff. All letters should be attached to the nomination form.
4. For faculty or staff awards: You must attach a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a CSI student.
5. Letter(s) of recommendation should outline why the person is being nominated and include a list of the nominee’s service to the College community and the qualities that make this person a deserving recipient of this award.
6. Letter (s) should be no fewer then 150 words.
7. All nominees will be judged on their merits as outlined in their nomination packet. A nomination does not guarantee an award.
Undergraduate/Graduate student: Three awards are available.
Graduating student (January, June, or August 2014 graduates with Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Graduate degree): five awards are available.
Faculty/Staff: Three awards are available.
The awards are pesented by the Student Service Commission of the Student Government.
All nomination forms must be completed and returned to the Student Government Office, in the Campus center (Building 1C, Room 207 by 4:00pm on Friday, Apr. 11.