In February, the OHRM PDLM Office is offering six workplace violence prevention courses and two additional courses for directors, managers, and supervisors. Training sessions will take place in Manhattan.
The six workplace violence prevention courses are free and they are:
– Dealing with People Differences – Thursday, Feb. 5 – for all staff. Helps staff to manage their own behavior and to develop effective communication methods in difficult situations.
-From Conflict to Collaboration – Monday, Feb. 9 – for all staff. Helps staff to stay cool and drain the intensity from conflict.
– Building Positive Workplace Relationships – Wednesday, Feb. 11 – for managers, supervisors, and professionals. Helps participants work with difficult staff members to achieve organizational goals in a diverse, high-pressured work environment.
– Defusing Workplace Aggression – Wednesday, Feb. 18 – for managers, supervisors, and professionals. Helps participants to recognize and manage employees and clients exhibiting signs of building aggression, and provides assistance in neutralizing altercations.
– Resolving Conflict: A Leadership Approach – Thursday and Friday, Feb. 19 and 20 – for managers and supervisors. A two-day program to assist managers and supervisors in developing problem-solving skills and skills for coaching staff and addressing work-related conflict.
– Creating Workplace Civility – Friday, Feb. 27 – for all staff. Helps give employees skills and confidence for maintaining professionalism while addressing problematic situations.
Two additional courses are offered for directors, managers, and supervisors.
-Managerial Power Tools: Motivating, Delegating, Team Building – Tuesday, Feb. 3. Participants will learn techniques for motivating staff via delegation and team building.
– Foundations of Management – Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, Feb. 23, 24, and 25. This is a three-day foundation course in the CUNY Managerial Competency Certificate program. Provides an overview of the management role in the public sector. Focus is on working with internal and external customers, process improvement, and tracking/measuring outcomes. This course can be an eye-opening, life-changing experience.
If you are interested in one or more of these courses, please register via the PDLM E-Application (E-App) located online under Registration, have your supervisor sign the form, and then forward the completed registration form to CSI Human Resources. If you have questions, please contact the Toni Gill 718.982.2684.