The College of Staten Island men’s soccer team saw its win streak halted but kept their unbeaten streak intact, salvaging a 2-2 tie with Brooklyn College as part of CUNYAC play in Brooklyn, NY, this afternoon.  The tie sends CSI to 3-6-1 overall and 2-0-1 within the CUNYAC, while the Bulldogs now stand at 3-3-1, 1-0-1, respectively.

Like the final score would indicate, it was an even game for 110 minutes, but CSI did feel like it had an edge in play in the first half, and after a persistent stretch, it was the Dolphins that got on the register first, punching in a rebound from a free kick at the 21:45 mark to stake CSI to a 1-0 lead.  The home Bulldogs, however, kept countering, and after knocking on the door several times, BC finally got the equalizer with just 3:08 remaining in the half.  Jordy Ortiz did the honors, popping in a goal from in-close past CSI keeper Daniel Raffo.

In the second half, again both teams traded opportunities, but 13:26 into the frame, BC got the go-ahead marker from Valentyn Kharko, lobbing in a goal from the corner of the box that sailed in past Raffo, who came out of the goal mouth to get the ball.

Brooklyn tried to amp up the defense from there, but CSI wasted no time getting the equalizer.  This time, Brayan Evo put a strike past BC keeper Ilya Keygen off of a free kick less than five minutes later, making it 2-2 with 26 minutes to play.

From there, neither team would surge ahead despite some golden opportunities.  With just seconds to play in regulation, CSI’s Emmanuel Agboola had a chance from in-close but could not make an attempt at goal, and in the second overtime frame, BC banked a shot off of the crossbar.

All told, CSI led the overall shot count, 20-16 (10-7 on goal), while holding a 4-1 edge in corner kicks.  BC was whistled for five offsides calls and BC’s Sirojidden Shamsiev was given the only caution of the game.

?CSI’s next game will come on Wednesday, September 30, when they play host to John Jay College at the CSI Soccer Complex at 4pm.