Join the Office of Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities for an information session to learn more about a great program called the America Needs You Fellowship!
The America Needs You Fellowship is an intensive two-year program for high-achieving, low-income, first-generation college students. It offers students career development workshops, access to internships, and professional development grants. All Fellows are matched one-on-one with a successful and motivated professional “Mentor Coach” dedicated to their personal and professional growth. Mentor Coaches and Fellows work together to cultivate the Fellows’ strengths and interests, and direct them into successful careers.
The information session for the Fellowship will take place on Thursday, Nov. 16 in Building 3N, Room 110 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
Fellows Program Benefits:
-Earn up to $2,000 in professional development grants
-Receive individualized support from a Mentor Coach
– Obtain in-kind services and products such as free business attire
-Network with leading industry professionals
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Fellows Program:
– Neither of my parents/guardians have a bachelor’s degree (from a college in any country).
– I am a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, or eligible for full-time work in the U.S.
– I am a freshman attending a CUNY college (must have no more than 30 credits by the application deadline).
– I am in the process of obtaining my first Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
– I am considered low-income by HUD standards (see America Needs You Website below for more information).
-I am available to attend regular Saturday workshops in Manhattan (workshops occur biweekly in Year 1 and monthly in Year 2).
The deadline to apply is Thursday, Mar. 1, 2018. Students can begin their application online.
For questions or assistance with your application, please contact Michele Callahan, Fellowship and Scholarship Advisor, at 718.982.2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.