Join us for “Enhancing Classroom Experiences with Technology,” one of our quick 15-minute virtual sessions will introduce various technologies to enhance the classroom experience.
Meet virtually with a member of the Technology Training Team at noon* on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during June for a demonstration on a technology feature in Blackboard or program that you might want to incorporate into your classroom/hybrid/online instruction. The team will stay online for another 15 minutes to answer any questions you have on that day’s topic.
Join as many of the sessions as you like. There is no need to register in advance. You can access the session by clicking on the link in the online calendar.
Topics will include:
- Office 365 – One Drive (As a CUNY employee you receive 1TB of free storage.)
- Office 365 – OneNote (Organize your class notes across multiple devices.)
- Office 365 – Teams (Pull together using chat. Use channels to edit documents at the same time.)
- Blackboard Collaborate (Conduct synchronous and asynchronous instruction and virtual office hours.)
- Blackboard – Adding a Syllabus
- Piktochart – Creating a Visual Syllabus (Create a dynamic syllabus that can be uploaded to Blackboard.)
- Blackboard – Adding Announcements
- Blackboard – Sending Emails to Students
- Blackboard – Creating Groups
- Illumira – Video Repository (Securely store and stream videos.)
- Creating a Gradebook in Excel (Create a customized gradebook template.)
We look forward to meeting you in the sessions.
*You can join the session 15 minutes prior, to conduct a link and audio check. The sessions require speakers. Please call 718.982.2345 if you have any questions. Please note the session on Friday, June 21 will take place at 11:00am.