As you are aware, The City University of New York’s Board of Trustees has recently approved a flexible grading policy for the Spring 2020 semester.
Therefore, after final grades for the Spring 2020 semester are posted to your CUNYfirst account, you will have the option of choosing Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) for individual credit-bearing, graded courses in CUNYfirst until Thursday, June 25, 2020.
However, before making this decision, you should speak with your academic advisor and financial aid counselor, as implications for opting in vary based on your academic program and financial aid eligibility.
If, after appropriate consultation, you decide to take advantage of this policy in CUNYfirst, then:
- Selected courses in which you received an A-D will be converted to CR.
- Selected courses in which your received an F will be converted to NC.
CUNY has put together a comprehensive FAQ regarding this policy which can be found online.
Some important points to consider when making your decision about CR/NC:
- Once selected, the CR/NC option cannot be reversed.
- Courses taken for a letter grade will continue to be included in the semester and overall GPA calculations, while courses taken for Credit/No Credit will be excluded from calculation into the GPA.
- If a student exercises the option of Credit/No Credit, the No Credit (NC) grade will not negatively impact the student’s satisfactory progress toward degree completion.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email email@example.com so that we can assist you.
Wishing you all good health.
By the Office of the Provost/Academic Affairs