I know that many of you and your families have suffered financial hardships due to COVID-19-related closures. My office has received a record number of requests for Petrie Emergency Grants and we continue to process those as quickly as possible Apply here.
In an effort to ensure that you are aware of other assistance available to help you and your families during this difficult time, I am sharing links to NYS Unemployment Insurance Assistance, NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA), and NYC Food Resources.
The NYS Unemployment Insurance Assistance link includes information on Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave.
The NYC HRA link includes information on the following:
· NYC Human Resources Administration Benefits
· Federal Stimulus Payments: Economic Impact Payments
· SSI/SSD Recipient Stimulus Payments
· Health Assistance Information (health insurance information)
· COVID-19 Easements
· Other Important Information (evictions, utility shutoffs, Home Energy Assistance Program, Family Courts, child support, and more)
Lastly, in addition to the CSI Food Pantry, NYC has many resources for those needing food, including food delivery for those who are unable to leave their homes.
I hope this information is helpful.
By Jennifer S. Borrero, JD