This is a reminder that the Office of Academic Affairs is excited to host a virtual panel on Online Teaching Observations on Thursday, Oct. 19 from 3:00pm to 4:00pm. The objectives of the panel are to:
- Remind people about the parameters spelled out in our collective bargaining agreement regarding the observation and evaluation of online teaching;
- Share a variety of approaches to online teaching observations;
- Provide a high-level framework that can be contextualized based on campus, programs, etc.; and
- Discuss possible best practices and key takeaways.
The panel will feature the experiences of a number of your colleagues, including:
- Jennifer Sparrow, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, CUNY School of Professional Studies.
- Carlos Guevara, Director of the Office of Educational Technology and Center for Teaching and Learning, Hostos Community College.
- Judith Cahn, Director of John Jay Online, John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
- Susan Ko, Associate Director, Faculty Development and Instructional Technology, Office of Online Education, Lehman College.
The panel will be held via Zoom. Please note that an RSVP is not required; simply use this link at the day and time of the event.
During the Q&A, the panelists will answer questions submitted by participants via a live chatbox.
We hope that you can join us for what is sure to be an informative panel.
By the Division of Academic Affairs