CSI Faculty and Staff: We have started the nomination process for next year’s student leaders. Even though we continue to work in a remote environment, student leadership remains extremely important. Please help us out by sharing the message below and encouraging your students to run. It’s an amazing experience. Thank you.
We know that in these challenging times, you may not be thinking about running for a student leader position, but leadership matters.
CSI Student Elections are coming.
Nominations are open from now until Friday, Mar. 19 at 4:00pm.
Student Leader Positions for the 2021 – 2022 Academic Year:
Are you interested in being a student leader? Do you want to make a difference and have your voice be heard? Then consider running for a seat on one of the following organizations (descriptions of these organizations are attached):
Student Government (including seats for President and Vice President)
Auxiliary Services Corporation
Faculty Student Disciplinary Committee
In order to run for and hold these positions, CUNY has set the following eligibility requirements:
· You must be matriculated in a degree or credit-bearing certificate program at the College of Staten Island.
· Undergraduate students must carry a minimum of six credit hours.
· Graduate students must carry a minimum of three credit hours and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· In order to serve each semester, a student must have completed and earned passing grades in at least 50 percent of the credits for which he or she registered in the prior semester, but in no event fewer than three credits.
· GPA requirements vary and are noted on the nomination form.
The completed Nomination Packet, including the candidate platform statement described in “How to Become a Candidate,” must be submitted by 4:00pm on Friday, Mar. 19, 2021. The form can be accessed online.
Upon completion of form, please hit the SUBMIT button. Your form status should switch from “In Progress” to “Pending.”
For further information, please contact the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can make a difference.
By Carol Brower