The Division of Student Affairs/Office of Student Life is now accepting applications for the College of Staten Island’s 2021-2022 Emerging Leaders Program (ELP). The ELP program is a fantastic opportunity for our students to grow as both students and leaders. Developing leadership skills, especially in times of a pandemic, is extremely important and vitally relevant for the next generation of world leaders. ELP is a full-year program with workshops every three to four weeks around a number of leadership competencies such as Conflict Resolution, Collaborative Decision Making, Cultural Competency, Mental Models, Goal Setting, Communication, and more. The mission of the CSI Emerging Leaders Program is to enrich the next generation of student leaders in ways that will inspire and equip them for current and future leadership roles. We are writing to ask if you would share this opportunity with any or all of your students who you think might benefit from the program.
The curriculum will include:
· Six leadership workshops offered each semester by CSI faculty and staff.
· Students will complete 50 hours of volunteer service for the year (Virtual).
· Applicants must have completed at least 20 credits by the Fall 2021 semester.
· All applicants must be full-time students and have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
· Undergraduate students from all academic majors are encouraged to apply.
· Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through Friday, May 28, 2021.
Applications are available online.
To complete the application, students will have to log in to CSI Connect with their SLAS Username and Password. If you would like more information or have questions, please contact Robert King Kee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Carol Brower