Welcome to the third week of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. This week we focus on “Explore. Experience. Share.” which emphasizes Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week. This is a week-long campaign that inspires and promotes the exploration of cybersecurity careers. Whether it’s students or those seeking a career change, the dynamic field of cybersecurity is rapidly growing and has something for everyone.
You can find a Cyber Careers Profile tip sheet with information on the following topics on the National Cybersecurity Awareness Month Publications site:
- Browse Cybersecurity Careers
- Interviews with Cybersecurity Professionals
- Career Profile Cards and Posters
Facts and Figures:
- 80% of companies say they have a hard time finding and hiring security talent. (Gartner)
- By 2029, the cybersecurity job market is set to grow by 31%. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Application Development Security, DevSecOps, Container Security, Microservices Security and Application Security Code Review are set to be the most in demand cybersecurity skills over the next five years. (Burning Glass)
Our weekly emails and supporting information are available from the National Cybersecurity Awareness Month page on the CUNY web site. We also provide a growing security resources list on the CUNY Information Security pages. You may also want to subscribe to OUCH! — the world’s leading, free security awareness newsletter designed for technology users.
If you have any questions about any of this information, please contact your college’s Information Security Manager.
By Patricia Kahn