We are happy to announce that Human Resources was allocated $7,500 for the CSI Professional Development Fund, which is available to eligible full-time, tax-levy staff in HEO, Non-Instructional, Classified Managerial, and Classified titles. This funding will be available until completely dispersed or until Thursday, June 30, 2022, whichever comes first.
Please note, eligible employees may receive a maximum of $750 per person from the fund to cover the cost of conference registration (virtual or in-person), transportation and, if applicable, up to $25 per day for meals (out-of-town travel only).
When applying for funds, please keep in mind the following:
- The fund does not cover license fees.
- The application must be received by Human Resources at least ten business days prior to the event with all necessary signatures and documentations in order to be reviewed and considered.
- There is a limit of $750 per person:
- an employee will be responsible for covering costs over $750
- in most cases (other than CUNY sponsored programs) an employee will pay the cost of the program up front and will submit for reimbursement from the fund up to $750
- Submissions for reimbursement of programs that already occurred will not be considered or reimbursed retroactively; prior approval from the committee to cover the cost of the program through the fund is required.
- Applications must be for expenses that will come due prior to Friday, July 1, 2022.
- If applying to take a training course(s) offered by DCAS, an employee is also responsible for completing the DCAS application form and obtaining all necessary signatures.
For detailed information on eligibility and how to apply, please visit our Website. An application to apply for professional development funds is online for your convenience and will be added to our Website as well. If you should have any questions, please email HRTraining@csi.cuny.edu.
All completed professional development applications and supporting documents should be submitted to Human Resources at HRTraining@csi.cuny.edu.
By Jessica Collura