CUNY is planning to launch the CUNYfirst Campus Solutions upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 over the April spring break. Following the upgrade, you will see improvements like the following across ALL of CUNYfirst:
- Modern, mobile-friendly user interface that adjusts to fit the display device in use (“fluid-like”)
- Enhanced search capabilities make it easier to find information and functions
- Tile-based navigation instead of text-based menus
- Customizable, tile-based CUNYfirst home page
This message provides information to help you prepare for the upcoming CUNYfirst changes.
When is the Upgrade Taking Place?
The CUNYfirst upgrade is planned from the evening of April 14 to the evening of April 18. CUNYfirst Campus Solutions will be unavailable to students, faculty, and staff from 7:00pm on Thursday, Apr. 14 to 10:00pm on Monday, Apr. 18. HCM and Finance functions will be unavailable to faculty and staff from 8:00am on Saturday, Apr. 16 through 10:00pm on Monday, Apr. 18. Please plan accordingly.
Announcements regarding this upgrade and associated CUNYfirst unavailability are posted to the CUNYfirst home page. You can also view all CUNYfirst availability messages in the Enterprise Service Desk Announcements section on the CUNY IT Help Website.
Where Can I Learn More about the CUNYfirst Changes?
The CUNYfirst Web page has been updated to support the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade. The CUNYfirst page provides introductory videos, upgrade announcements, and upgrade information, including links to FAQs and Campus Solutions content in CUNY IT Help. The CUNYfirst page also links to the CIS Technology Training SharePoint site, where you can sign up for faculty-oriented training and find recordings of Webinars and other supporting CUNYfirst materials.
Following the upgrade
After the upgrade completes on April 18, please note the following:
- Your default CUNYfirst view will be the new, tile-based CUNYfirst home page and not the new Employee or Manager self-service page you saw after the December CUNYfirst upgrade.
- When you first use CUNYfirst after the upgrade completes, you may need to clear your Web browser’s cuny.edu site cookies to ensure that the new CUNYfirst interface displays correctly. See Why doesn’t CUNYfirst display properly after the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade? in CUNY IT Help for instructions.
- You will be able to find updated instructions for CUNYfirst Faculty and Advisory Campus Solutions functions in CUNY IT Help.
If you encounter issues accessing CUNYfirst after the upgrade, please contact our campus HelpDesk at HelpDesk@csi.cuny.edu or extension HELP (x3695) for assistance.
By Timothy G. Lynch Ph.D (he/him/his)