As you are aware, there have been recent notifications of positive COVID-19 cases within our community. We were advised today of a fourth positive case among our on campus community. Those who are deemed close contacts in this particular case have been notified and asked to quarantine.
These cases should be a reminder to all that it is imperative that we follow safety guidelines at all times in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
As a reminder, all employees are expected to adhere to the following:
- Complete NYS COVID 19 Response: Return to Work Training via Blackboard prior to returning to the worksite
- Carefully complete the daily Everbridge health screening when approved to come to campus
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet among individuals while on campus unless safety or the core activity (e.g., moving equipment, performing a transaction) requires a shorter distance
- Wear acceptable face coverings
- Practice social distancing in public areas, common work areas, restrooms, and during rest/meal breaks
- Wash hands often
- Cover cough and sneezes
- Be aware of COVID-19 symptoms which include the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Troubled breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste and/or new loss of smell
Please DO NOT report to work on site if you:
1. Are experiencing fever above 100.0F or other COVID-19 symptoms
2. Within the last 14 days, have personally been in close contact (less than six feet away for ten minutes or longer) with an individual who tested positive for, or (due to their symptoms) is suspected to have, COVID-19
3. Are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or just received positive test results
4. Recently traveled outside of the United States
5. Traveled within a state with significant community spread of COVID-19 for longer than 24 hours within the past 14 days as designated by New York State
In these situations, you must follow Department of Health guidelines for self-quarantine (14 days from the date of last exposure) and/or self-isolation, (at least ten days from the onset of symptoms) until given a medical clearance from a healthcare provider or a negative COVID-19 test result provided by a certified testing center or employee’s healthcare provider dated within three days of the requested return to work date. Please contact Human Resources if any of these situations apply to you.
Please note that NYC offers free COVID testing. Information on free testing can be accessed via the NYC health and hospitals Website or by calling 311.
If you are on campus and you observe someone not following safety protocols, please report the situation to your supervisor or Human Resources. You may also use the link for reporting misconduct on the College’s main Webpage to report non-compliance anonymously.
Finally, be sure to utilize the resources available to CUNY employees to take care of yourself and maintain health and wellness.
We are all in this together. Thank you for doing your part in keeping the campus safe.
By the Office of Human Resources