Ashley Dawson, Professor of Postcolonial Studies in the English Department at the College of Staten Island, had a recent feature appear in Truthout. In his piece, “It’s Time for Public Power. New York State Could Lead the Way.” Dawson posits that with U.S. States holding much of the regulatory power to cut carbon emissions and shift to more renewable energy alternatives, New York can be the torchbearer for change, with the New York Power Authority, the largest public utility in the country, leading the charge. Read the full story on Truthout’s Webpage.
May 4, 2022
August 1, 2022
January 24, 2022
UPCOMING CAMPUS EVENTS
- Join us for a virtual discussion addressing questions and concerns on return-to-campus protocols, vaccination guidelines, […]
- Join us virtually to discuss the College of Staten Island’s (CSI) prestigious Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and […]
Subscribe to CSItoday
IN THE NEWS
- Norma D’Arrigo dies at 94. She raised millions for a dozen Staten Island organizations.
- New path for those recovering from addiction: Training to be peer advocates
- Professor of Biology Dr. Shannon Curley Quoted in SI Advance Feature on Spotted Lantern Fly
- CSI Alumna Andrea Dalzell Featured in State of Reform
- CSI Professor Ashley Dawson Featured in Truthout News