Having received a 2022-2023 CUNY Black, Race, and Ethnic Studies Initiative (BRESI) grant to improve CSI’s campus climate, we are inviting members of the campus community to apply to become RELAY Fellows and join us in these efforts.
RELAY is a collaborative structure for a campus response to racism and bias that focuses on restorative solutions. Our mission is to improve campus climate through a caring and restorative response to bias incidents. The RELAY team is supported by the CUNY BRESI grant, as well as CSI’s Interim President Timothy G. Lynch.
This opportunity is open to all campus employees without regard to rank or area.
The application deadline is Monday, Nov. 21, 2022 by 11:59pm.
The commitment to become a RELAY Fellow includes the following:
- A passionate commitment to improving our campus climate through diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- A willingness to participate in efforts to restore community
- Attend scheduled trainings for RELAY Fellows on topics to include: antiracism, restorative justice, and responding to bias incidents
- Being available to respond to issues reported through RELAY process, including winter and summer sessions
- Providing training to faculty, staff, and students on restorative justice, and responding to incidents of bias
- Working with other fellows to identify and seek funding for the project
- Logging reported incidents and follow up actions to track trends over time
- Term: one to two years
- Time commitment: approximately four hours/week, (compensation for Spring 2023 secured)
Applicants must participate in one of our Zoom Information Sessions:
Monday, Nov. 7 at 3:00pm
Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 4:00pm
Thursday, Nov. 17 at 1:00pm
We are excited to embark on this work together. If you have questions please contact us.
By Jeremiah Jurkiewicz (He/Him/His)