We are excited to announce that CUNY’S HR Professional Development and Learning Office has announced the launch of the New Supervisors Program for 2023.
This is an excellent opportunity for employees who are new to their supervisory roles in CUNY. Participation in this program will assist them in building knowledge, skills, and confidence in managing teams as they transition into their leadership roles. This year’s program will run from Wednesday, Feb. 1 through Friday, July 7, 2023 and is free of charge.
Supervisors are welcome to nominate their employees who meet the eligibility criteria below at this time by completing the New Supervisors Nomination Form.
To be able to participate in the program, employees must:
- Have two years or less of experience supervising others
- Have at least one direct report
- Be ready and willing to complete all program activities within the program timeframe. These include:
- Complete all mandatory online courses (approximately 22 hours)
- Select and complete at least five elective online courses
- Complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with their supervisor
- Attend all three of the CUNY-specific live learning sessions on the dates scheduled (may be available either in-person or via Zoom)
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, Jan. 20, 2023. Selected participants will be notified by Friday, Jan. 27. Please note that this program tends to fill up quickly, so please do not hesitate in submitting your nominations as soon as possible.
For any questions regarding this program, please contact Anne Dorobis, HR Training Specialist, at Anne.Dorobis@cuny.edu or call 646.664.3428.
By the Office of Human Resources