Join us in June and August to explore teaching strategies, course designs, and new tools that will enhance and transform your classroom, lab, or studio experience.
A series of workshops scheduled for Wednesday-Sunday, June 12-16 and Monday-Friday, August 14-18 offer a wealth of in-person and virtual student engagement and effective assessment activities, many of which include hands-on or interactive exercises that will ensure a better understanding of concepts, strategies, and techniques to use in the classroom.
Please register for any of the sessions below online:
- Collaborative Learning to Foster Student Engagement
- Constructing Effective Assignments for Online Classes
- Creating a Culture of Career Readiness in the Classroom
- Creating a More Effective and Easy Navigation Course on Blackboard
- Creating and Uploading a Customized Course Banner to Blackboard
- Engage! Strategies and Tools for Interactive and Engaging Activities throughout the Semester
- How to Roll Over your Blackboard Course to a New Semester
- Organizing Your Gradebook in Blackboard
- Post-Mortem on Navigate CSI: What Worked? What Didn’t?
- Protocols to Support Student Discussion, Reading, and Critical Thinking
- Tips and Techniques to Enhance Your Slide Presentations: A Refresher
- Transforming Your Classroom: Practicing Equity through Active Learning
- Versatility and Creativity of Synchronous Online Teaching
Additional workshops for August are still in the works, including a workshop on using Ally (a tool that detects documents that are not ADA-compliant) and another on ChatGPT. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you at one or more of the workshops in June.
By the Faculty Center Team: Wilma Jones, Fausto Canela, and Michael Castelli