This spring, the College of Staten Island will launch a major project called CUNYfirst. CUNYfirst is our University’s new suite of technology tools that will replace many of our rapidly aging computer programs, including SIMS and eSIMS. It is an Internet-based application, so you may access this application at any location with Internet access. CUNYfirst uses an Identity Management System to secure all data. We will no longer be using the Social Security number as an identifier. Each employee and student will receive an “emplid.”
Everyone working at the College will have the opportunity to be trained to use the new tools available in CUNYfirst with training available in classes or online. Training has begun and will continue through the spring.
Registration for the Summer and Fall 2013 semesters will take place in the new system.
The first step in the registration system is to claim your CUNYfirst ID. Several options to assist you in claiming your account:
- Online tutorial for claiming your account
- Attend HelpDesk training sessions being offered regularly. Register online
- Go directly to CUNYfirst site
If you have problems claiming your account, please contact the HelpDesk at 718.982.3695.
We are in the process of building the cutover and lights out calendar for the March release.
Here’s a glimpse of the projected timeline:
- SIMS lights out – Monday 3/25/2013, 8:00am.
- CUNYfirst Production Lights out 3/28/2013 close of business
- CUNYfirst Prod Lights on 4/1/2013
- Release to College team for shakedown activities – 4/4 and 4/5
- Colleges to announce student account claiming – 4/5
- Summer Registration to begin 4/22/2013
- Fall Registration to begin 5/20/2013
As with any major transition in technology, there will be bumps along the implementation road. For that, we ask your patience, cooperation, and understanding.