The College of Staten Island took on the Knights of Arcadia University at the CSI Soccer Complex for the final time this season.  Staten Island and Arcadia battled it out to the very end with the Knights coming out on top, 3-2, thanks to a late goal. The Dolphins’ postseason fate is already locked in with the No. 5 seed where they will travel to take on Baruch College. Before this afternoon’s game, the Dolphins honored five of their seniors.  Logan Tassin, Xavier Castro, Adrian Cosovic, Dardan Nika, and Vasyl Fedortsi all received commemorative posters for their years of service. The Dolphins finished their season 9-6-2 overall. 

The Knights nearly took an early 1-0 lead over the Dolphins on senior day when Duncan O’Connor missed a wide-open chance when he hit it high.  Logan Tassin was able to beat an Arcadia defender to put him one-on-one with Kollin White, however, the ball would get away from him into the waiting arms of White. Just minutes after the Dolphins’ chance, the Knights would come charging down the field and cross a ball into the box.  A scramble would see Brad McKim pass the ball out of the box to Shade Foreman who was able to curl it far post for the first goal of the game.

The Dolphins would keep the pressure on the Knights and would rifle their fair of shots.  With 20 minutes left in the first half, Joel Morales would curl a shot from 25-yards out that would go just wide of the goal and away from danger. 30 minutes into the game, the Knights would strike again.  Sam Hernandez would lead Harun Abdullahi with a pass into the box where he was able to knock it to his left and tuck it underneath Oscar Torres. As the game wore on in the first half, Arcadia settled in and started to play their style and keeping the ball away from the Dolphins which limited CSI’s chances for the remainder of the half.

At the half, the Dolphins trailed 2-0 while the Knights outshot the Dolphins 10-6.

Staten Island brought the pressure in the second half and their pressure paid off with a goal, 12 minutes into the second half.  Philip Lefkowitz received a through ball from Erick Conde and was able to toe-poke it past White for his third of the season and first of the game.  The Knights dominated the of the first half and it was the Dolphins who dominated the second half.  After some halftime substitutes, the Dolphins started creating better chances on goal.  After a corner kick was cleared out by the Knights, Lefkowitz was able to do a few stepovers to beat a defender on the right flank and curl a shot to the far post for his second of the game.  The goal evened the game at two.

The Knights looked to take a 3-2 lead however it would be called back due to an offside call to keep it level. Dardan Nika then made a streaking run down the left flank and received a pass from across the field from Mike Arellanes.  Nika was able to sidestep a defender and rip a shot at White who was able to make the save and preserve the draw.

15 minutes remained in the game and the Knights created an outstanding chance on goal with a give and go.  Oscar Torres had other plans as he made the save of the game for the Dolphins to keep the game knotted a two.  Torres would eventually be beat late in the game when a give and go between Hammer and McKim set McKim loose in the box for a toe poke past Torres.

The Dolphins had a good opportunity with one minute left on the clock when Cosovic earned a set piece along the right flank.  Cosovic was unable to make the most of the opportunity as he would send the chance wide of goal.

Staten Island returns to action on Wednesday, October 25 where they will travel to New York, NY to take on No. 4 seeded Baruch College in the CUNYAC Quarterfinals at 6:00 pm.