Do any of your students have the potential to be great student leaders? Maybe they’d be interested in running for a leadership position for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please share the below with them and encourage them to run. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 718.982.3088:
CSI Student Elections are coming. Nominations are open now through Friday, Mar. 27 (5:00pm).
Student Leader Positions for the 2020 – 2021 Academic Year
Are you interested in being a student leader? Do you want to make a difference and have your voice be heard? Then consider running for a seat on one of the following organizations:
Student Government (including seats for President and Vice President)
Auxiliary Services Corporation
Faculty Student Disciplinary Committee
In order to run for and hold these positions, CUNY has set the following eligibility requirements:
· You must be matriculated in a degree or credit-bearing certificate program at the College of Staten Island.
· Undergraduate students must carry a minimum of six credit hours.
· Graduate students must carry a minimum of three credit hours and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· In order to serve each semester, a student must have completed and earned passing grades in at least 50 percent of the credits for which he or she registered the prior semester, but in no event fewer than three credits.
· GPA requirements vary and are noted on the nomination form.
The completed Nomination Packet, including the candidate platform statement described in “How to Become a Candidate,” must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, Mar. 27, 2020. The form can be accessed online.
For further information, please contact the Office of Student Life at 718.982.3088.
You can make a difference.
By Carol Brower