I would like to begin by personally thanking you for all of your cooperation during this unprecedented time as the College and CUNY begin to organize the transition from in-person class meetings to distance-learning alternatives as the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, situation evolves throughout NYC and the nation. Please know that our highest priority is your health and safety.
Your classes, which were recessed today, resume on Thursday, Mar. 19. Please follow the instructions that your faculty members provide to you. In addition, the campus remains open to continue to serve CSI students and the academic calendar remains in effect.
Available Student Services
· Health and Wellness Services – 718.982.3045 in 1C-112 (open 9:00am to 5:00pm)
· Counseling Center – 718.982.2391 in 1A-109 (24 hours access via phone)
· CSI Food Pantry – every Friday from 10:00am to noon in the Green Dolphin Lounge (1C) and by appointment (call the Office of Student Life 718.982.3088)
· Center for Student Accessibility – 718.982.2510 in 1P-101 (qualified students are entitled to academic accommodations for distance-learning)
· Veterans Support Services – 718.982.3108 in 1C-219 (the transition to alternate course instruction will not affect VA Education Benefits)
· In addition, the following services remain operational:
o The Library
o Dining Services
o Computer labs
o The Ferry Shuttle and Loop Bus
o The Game Room (1C)
o Academic support offices, including: Registrar, Center for Academic Advisement and Success (CAAS), Academic Support, and Testing.
Guidance on Events and Activities
· Many large-scale events are being postponed or cancelled. If you have a question about a specific event, please contact the sponsoring office.
· For the latest information on campus events, please visit CSI Connect.
· If you have questions about completing CLUE credits events, please call the Office of Student Life at 718.982.3088.
· The status of Commencement is yet to be determined but we will provide as much advance notice of the decision as possible.
As COVID-19 is an ever-evolving situation, we want to keep you informed about CSI’s efforts to respond to this situation. Campus leaders are continually monitoring the situation in coordination with CUNY and state officials, which includes a cross-campus taskforce working every day to ensure that CSI is responding with the utmost abundance of caution.
CSI is continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will keep you updated as much as possible to maintain the health and well-being of our community. Visit this site for the most up-to-date and reliable campus information.
The Website will be kept updated with news and we are updating the campus community via email as well. While this email is being sent to the preferred email on file, many offices only send emails to your CIX account so please be sure to check your student email account (@cix.cuny.edu). If you cannot access your account, please call the Helpdesk at 718.982.3695 or 718.982.4357 and have your EMPLID ready. You may also follow these instructions.
If you have any additional questions, you may send an email to email@example.com or call 718.982.2335.
By Jennifer S. Borrero, JD