I hope your semester is off to a good start.
As you may know Thursday, Aug. 31 is the last day for students to add/swap any class other than an independent study (independent study classes may be added until Sept. 14).
As a reminder, any student not registered for a course, as evidenced by inclusion on your course roster, should not be allowed to attend class meetings until they have officially registered for the class and appears on your course roster. Please make sure to recheck your rosters in CUNYfirst, as there may have been changes.
Allowing students to “sit in” impacts:
- Financial aid allocations
- The National Student Clearinghouse enrollment verification files
- Our Form A/census data accuracy (causing audit issues)
- The verification of enrollment process
- The ability to locate students during an emergency
- The student’s ability to access Blackboard
Again, if you haven’t already done so, we ask that you remind students to review the academic calendar as the dates within have great impact on their academic success.
Thank you in advance for your continued support in helping us adhere to these deadlines, which have been put into place to support our students.
By Susan Massara