I write to you all today to express my deep concern for the people of Puerto Rico as well as others devastated by the destruction caused by recent natural disasters. As members of our CUNY and CSI communities struggle with the aftermath of these disasters, including their effects on families and friends, the CSI community is coming together to offer our support.
The Office of Student Affairs, in conjunction with Student Government, NYPIRG, CAB, and the CSI Armed Forces Club, is accepting monetary donations at the Campus Center (Building 1C) Cafeteria and the Library (Building 1L) Cyber Café. Additionally, the NYC FDNY is accepting donations of the specific items listed below at FDNY Donation Sites located throughout the city:
- Baby food
- First aid supplies
- Feminine hygiene products
For more information on CUNY relief initiatives for the victims of hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, please go online.
Further, there are many other resources available for information about disaster relief:
Government – Puerto Rico
- Unidos por Puerto Rico – unidosporpuertorico.com
- Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration – prfaa.pr.org
Government – New York
- New York State – NY.gov
- New York City Gov. Fund donate to Puerto Rico – NYC.gov
- Fire Department New York City & FDNY – Facebook Page
National Foundations and Organizations
- Acacia Network – AcaciaNetwork.org
- American Red Cross – RedCross.org
- Hispanic Federation – HispanicFederation.org
- Global Giving – GlobalGiving.org
- Oxfam – Oxfamamerica.org
- Pan American Development Foundation – padf.org
- Save the Children – SavetheChildren.org
I encourage everyone in our campus community to provide whatever support you can to these critical relief and recovery efforts.