We are pleased to announce that CUNY is now offering Office 365 for faculty and staff. The online flier details applications that are available.
Through Office 365 for Education, faculty and staff are now able to utilize:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS OneNote: A personal digital notebook. Create content, organize your work, and collaborate with others.
- MS OneDive – CUNY: OneDrive for Business is an online storage space in the cloud. You can use it to store your files across multiple devices, share your files with colleagues and students, and edit documents together in real time. OneDrive for Business is similar to other cloud storage options such as Dropbox and Google Drive, but is the only cloud storage solution currently licensed by the University. Other solutions are also being considered.
Benefits of using Microsoft Office 365 for Education:
- Access to work files when not at your workstation’s desktop computer
- Integrated resources for faculty working at multiple colleges with access through your CUNY Login credentials
- File sharing and new communication channels to facilitate collaboration with colleagues within and outside CUNY
- File storage of 1 TB provided
- Free license as long as you are an employee of CUNY
FAQs for Microsoft Office 365 can be found on CUNY’s Website.
A Quick Guide to Sharing Files in OneDrive – CUNY is online for your reference.
We are offering two training sessions during the month of September to introduce Office 365 and OneDrive – CUNY. Please register for these hybrid sessions (attend in our Technology Training Facility or Online) at Technology Training Fall 2018.