In the continued effort to fight COVID-19 and move New York ahead, the State is mobilizing support operations to get the vaccine to New Yorkers. To achieve the mission, it is critical that we assist in providing staffing support from employees with various clinical, emergency response, and administrative experience, including but not limited to the following:
· Volunteer Firefighters
· Licensed Practical Nurses
· Registered Nurses
· Nurse Practitioners
· Physicians or Physicians Assistants
· POD Managers
· Planning/Logistics leads
· Administration/Finance leads
· Security Staff
· Clerical Workers
· Financial and Procurement Personnel
· Customer Service Specialists
· IT Support Specialists
Staff who are interested in this opportunity to serve should note the following and, if interested, must discuss their plans to volunteer with their manager and receive approval to participate:
1. “Volunteers” will receive regular pay as if they were performing their regular CUNY duties;
2. These assignments may include holiday and weekend schedules. Holiday work will be compensated accordingly;
3. Overtime will be compensated according to Division of the Budget guidance. Additional details about employee compensation will be forthcoming; and
4. Assignments will be full-time at activity-related operation locations; This work CANNOT be done remotely. PPE and equipment necessary for the assignment will be provided at the operation locations.
Upon receiving manager approval, staff must register online.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help with this historic vaccination effort and help millions of New Yorkers.
By the Office of Human Resources